mix150.com MIX150 DOWNLOAD GAMES PLAYSTATION RIP FILMS

4/15/12

Second Coming?

When I woke this morning and turned on the news, I saw a report that said Muammar Quadafi had been captured and killed. There were hundreds if not thousands of people celebrating in the streets, buildings in ruin, and rubble everywhere. Later, as I took a break from working, I turned on CNBC to see riots in the streets of Greece. People being placed in ambulances, buildings on fire and utter chaos. With so much unrest in the Middle East, European countries on the brink of economic collapse, rioting in the streets, I made the comment that I think this is the beginning of the end of the planet as we know it. My husband made no response. I think this kind of statement makes people very nervous. We are both Christians, but it is a bit unsettling to think about the end of the world. Especially for those of us who have children to raise.

What will happen to them when we are no longer here to protect them? That's why it is so important for parents to build a solid foundation of faith for their children. Something they can stand on when the "ground" is shaking. My 10 year old daughter asked me if she is going to go to heaven. I told her yes, but that she had to get up everyday and be the person Jesus wants her to be. Matthew 16:27 "For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then will reward each person according to what he has done."

We must do all we can to turn the negative tide. Taking the time to talk to those in doubt about the promises God made to us through the sacrifice of his only Son. Using jewelry, t shirts, or accessories to prompt conversations about Jesus and the promise of salvation is something we all can do. It is our responsibility as Christians.

So as I watch the news each night, the junk on television, and deterioration of the family unit; I try to remember John 14:1-4 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." God's commitment to His children will never waiver. All we can do in this life is wake up everyday and be the best person we can. A person Jesus would be proud to call his brother or sister.


View the original article here

No comments:

Popular Posts